THE plane carrying UK Europe’s Minister to Gibraltar has been diverted back to Heathrow due to technical difficulties.
David Lidington was expected to arrive in Gibraltar today, to witness the massive queues at the border crossing firsthand.
A spokesperson for Gibraltar airport confirmed that the British Airlines flight experienced ‘technical difficulties’ en route.
The flight is hoped to leave Heathrow airport for a second attempt at 2.30pm, and to arrive in Gibraltar at 5.18pm.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05