ANDALUCIA has become Spain’s top exporter of goods to the USA and it’s largely thanks to the Yanks’ love of olive oil.
According to the Extenda-Trade Promotion Agency of Andalucia, the autonomous community has brought in €537.4 million in the first four months of 2014, up 47.2% on the same period last year. Fuels and mineral oils were the top export products, earning some €255.2 million.
In second place were animal and vegetable oils, making up 14.8% of the total at €84.2 million, with Spanish olive oil contributing a whopping 97.2% of this figure.
With this latest coup, Andalucia has almost doubled its export income since 2009, despite the economic crisis.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44