A MADRID restaurant has just been named one of the best ‘secret’ restaurants in the world by Condé Nast’s Daily Traveler blog.
Gau & Café is perched atop a local university library, where it serves up gourmet bites, cocktails and stellar views of the city.
The popular local hangout is featured in a list of hidden gems around the world, including back-alley New York steakhouses and pop-up restaurants in London.
To find the restaurant, look out for the Las Escuelas Pias (Pious Schools) and, when you see the library, head to the top floor.
For that exclusive, ‘on top of the world’ feeling, try their inventive couscous dishes or takes on traditional Spanish fare.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05