A TORRE Del Mar music festival has brought in masses of revellers – and revenue.
The Weekend Beach festival took in €1-2 million from its 37,000 visitors.
Fans flocked to see drum and bass band Pendulum, techno DJ Dave Clarke, Spanish bands Los Zigarros and Los Castizos and many more acts.
The Mayor of Velez-Malaga, Francisco Delgado Bonilla has big plans for the future of the festival.
“Starting from today, Velez-Malaga Council will work towards organising the second edition of the Weekend Beach Festival to consolidate it next year and turn it into one of the best in Spain,” he said. “It’s been a great weekend of living, leisure and entertainment.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44