A FAMILY feud between Vega Sicilia boss Pablo Alvarez and his siblings against his father David, 87, overshadows the 150-year celebration.
The row has seen a raft of lawyers drafted in on all sides.
The battle began when an alleged takeover coup was launched by five siblings during their father David Alvarez’s honeymoon with his third wife in 2009.
Apparently, the children have been unsettled by David’s wife, 61, who was not only his secretary but also younger than his oldest child.
It came to a head recently when Alvarez Senior organized a celebration for the same day as the Vega Sicilia 150th anniversary party at his Madrid residence.
At the lavish bash he also invited many of the same people as his children, attempting to take a shine off the event.
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05