SPAIN shocked the International Crown women’s golf tournament as they claimed their first title.
Despite being seeded five out of the 32 teams entered, four Spanish women won all four singles matches to snare the coveted trophy.
Carlota Ciganda was the first to win, followed by Belen Mozo who defeated Thai star Moriya Jutanugarn.
The next Spaniard to the sweep the green was Beatriz Recari, who clinched a 3-2 victory over Sweden before her partner, Azahara Munoz, sealed the deal with a win against Japan.
The team cites their friendship on and off the green as the reason for their confidence in the tournament and subsequent victory.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05