BRITISH tourists are thought of as the heaviest drinkers while on holiday, according to a new survey.
Almost half of Spanish respondents claimed UK travellers are the least generous when abroad, but the Germans think they are humorous, courteous and helpful.
The findings by holiday site Travelzoo also suggest that the Spanish are the most likeable travellers, with the French ranked as the least popular.
Travelzoo’s Richard Singer said: “Luckily for us Brits, our world-famous sense of humour continues to be our saving grace on foreign shores but perhaps a bit less sangria and sunshine is called for.”
The survey asked 2,400 people across the UK, France, Germany and Spain about what each nationality thought of its fellow Europeans when travelling abroad.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44