A NOTORIOUS British murderer has been linked to three attempted rapes in Fuengirola, for which a Dutch man has already served 11 years in prison.
DNA evidence suggests that Mark Dixie could be behind three attacks in one night in August 2003.
It means that chef Dixie – who was jailed for 34 years in 2008 for stabbing 18-year-old model Sally Anne Bowman in London in 2005 – could now be extradited to face trial for the attacks.
The news makes the conviction of Dutchman Romano van der Dussen entirely unsafe.
Van der Dussen was jailed in 2005 for the trio of attempted rapes that took place between 4.30am and 6am on August 10 2003.
He was given a 15 year sentence despite the fact that his DNA did not match samples and fingerprints collected during the Fuengirola investigation.
His conviction was instead based on testimony from two of the victims and a witness.
Van der Dussen insisted that he was not in Fuengirola at the time of the rapes, but 20km away in Torremolinos, but could provide no proof of his alibi.
The case has now been reopened with the police investigating Dixie’s movements when he lived and worked on the Costa del Sol between late 2002 and October 2003.
His DNA matched samples taken on the night of the attempted rapes.
Australia has also requested DNA samples from Dixie, to be tested against that of the DNA collected in the Claremont serial killer case between 1996 and 1997, as it is believed he was also in the area at the time of the killings.
Do you remember Dixie and where he worked? contact [email protected]
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05