MAYOR of Nerja, Jose Alberto Armijo, has been re-elected President of the Party Popular (PP) in Nerja for the fifth consecutive time, taking 97% of the vote.
Meanwhile the Mayor of Algarrobo, Natacha Rivas – a member of the centre-left Andalucian Party (PA) – has announced that she will stand as a candidate for the PP in 2015.
Rivas claims that the move is driven by disagreements with the local PA leadership.
The PA responded the following day, saying that they will take “appropriate legal action” should Rivas not give up her post of Vice-President of the Association of Municipalities of the Costa del Sol – Axarquia.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36