IT is slowly becoming known as ‘the furniture triangle’.
Indeed, you are never more than a table’s length from a decent place to furnish your house in San Pedro.
Whether you are looking for sumptuous sofas, outdoor furniture or antique doors there is so much on offer.
One of the first ports of call must be to see the amazing furniture at the Wood Factory in the industrial estate.
A genuine cottage industry, the incredible mix of tables, chairs and sunbeds are made entirely out of recycled wood, the majority imported from northern Europe.
Also available made-to-measure, the style has taken the coast by storm and a team of carpenters puts the furniture together in a workshop next.
“We have seen 30% growth over the last year and it is in loads of restaurants and bars,” explains Dutch owner Kristel Schoeman-Daneel.
A mother-of-four, who previously worked in hotel management, designs all the furniture herself.
“Best of all, because it is recycled wood we can keep the costs down.”
Another interesting place, also run by a Dutchman Jelle Haagsma and his Swedish business partner Camilla, is the long-established Cavon.
Hard to miss, sitting right on the main road after the tunnel – as well as another shop on the Ronda road – this is one fabulous Aladdin’s Cave full of antique furniture, doors and other amazing artifacts.
Set up nearly four decades ago, this is one place you really must visit even if not buying.
There is a stunning range of curios, as well as candlesticks, coins and chandeliers.
“I have always been a collector,” explains Jelle, sitting in front of a stack of manuals and encyclopedias on the antiques world.. “I got it from my grandfather who was a painter.”
The most incredible heavy oak doors – some which date back centuries – can weigh up to 500 kilos each and cost as much as €4,500.
If it is fantastic kitchens or stylish bathrooms you are looking for then head up to what must be one of the biggest interior shops on the Costa del Sol, Fernando Moreno (see below).
Aside from that the stylish kitchen shop Casa Blanca in the Centro Commercial La Colonia has a great range of home ware and furniture.
Run by capable Londoner Andrew Levene, who has been based on the coast for a decade, it has some fantastic value stock.
Finally another new shop House & Garden has recently opened in the heart of San Pedro, stocking an excellent range of mirrors, lamps, outdoor furniture and sofas.
Run by two Englishmen, it has some lovely period-style furniture as well as good quality and value rattan chairs and sofas.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44