A YOUNGSTER from Mallorca has been found guilty of strangling his mother to death with an electric cable after knocking her unconscious with a dumbbell.
Antonio Llompart Perun, 20, faces up to 20 years in prison after a jury in Palma de Mallorca found him guilty of murdering his mother in the early hours of February 28, 2013.
His father, Antonio Llompart Mora, 81, was found not guilty of any involvement in the murder but faces three years in jail for domestically abusing his wife over a ten year period.
According to the victim’s diary, found by the National Police, she had been abused by her husband and son since the boy was 13 and feared for her life on a daily basis.
The youth, who already had a criminal record, confessed to the crime late last year, claiming his father had not been involved.
After killing her, Perun reportedly searched the internet for information on how to clean up a crime scene and the emergency services were not called for several hours.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36