THE passenger who exhibited Ebola-like symptoms on a plane from Paris to Madrid has been admitted to the Carlos III Hospital along with two others.
All have been placed on the sixth floor along with Spain’s first Ebola victim, Teresa Romero, who remains under close observation.
Initial test have come back negative.
The Nigerian man who instigated emergency protocols at the Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas airport as he started experiencing trembling and fever has tested positive for malaria.
The second case is one of the 7 people transported in the same ambulance that took Romero from her home to the Alcorcon Hospital before she was diagnosed.
The person was considered low-risk but broke out in a fever yesterday morning.
The third person is a 70 year-old missionary from the order of San Juan de Dios who had come back from Liberia a few days ago and voluntarily admitted himself to hospital after suffering from a fever.
The two Ebola afflicted Spanish priests that Romero cared for belonged to the same order.
The final new suspected case is of a Red Cross nurse in Tenerife who worked with Ebola patients in Sierra Leone and returned on October 8.
The man has a fever of 37.7 ºC and two people he lives with have also been admitted to hospital as a precautionary measure.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00