PLANS for the University of Gibraltar have been officially launched.
The centre of the university – which is set to open for business on September 1 2015 – will be at the former St Christopher’s School site at Europa Point.
“This is a fantastic day for Gibraltar as a whole,” said Chief Minister Fabian Picardo, who launched the plans with the Minister for Education, Gilbert Licudi.
He added: “The university will be very much a part of the whole community and will bring prestige to Gibraltar and benefits to both the public and private sectors.”
The university will consist of four faculties: Health Studies and Sports Science; Business; Life and Earth Sciences; and Tourism and Hospitality.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00