THE daughter of Chelsea FC owner Roman Abramovich is making a name for herself in Spain.
Sofia Abramovich has scooped first place in the ‘speed class’ of the Mediterranean Equestrian Tour in Oliva, near Valencia, on a horse named Simon.
The 19-year-old daughter of the billionaire Russian, posted a picture of her rosette on Instagram saying: ‘Well done Simon, came 1st today with him and 14th with Rainbow’.
Her older sister Anna and her mother, Irina Malandina, were cheering her on on the day.
Oligarch Roman divorced Sophia’s mother in 2007 with a record settlement said to be at least €1 billion.
The Russian magnate’s boat Eclipse is the world’s second largest private yacht.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44