HARRY Potter star Tom Felton has been conjuring up a storm in Almeria in his latest role in biblical thriller Clavius.
Joined by Shakespeare in Love star Joseph Fiennes, the British duo met the media at a behind-the-scenes tour of the Almeria set earlier this month.
While producers admit the location was mainly chosen for tax reasons, Felton – who played Draco Malfoy in the Potter series – said he is loving working in the Andalucian city.
He said: “Filming here, with the Alcazaba as a backdrop, beats working in the studio – it’s much more inspirational being here.”
Almeria is gaining a reputation as a major filming location, following Ridley Scott’s ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings’ was shot last year.
Over 1,500 extras and 75 technicians – many of whom also worked on Scott’s production – have been drafted in by Clavius director Kevin Reynolds.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36