HOUSE-HUNTERS with a cash to burn should look no further than Puerto Banus for their luxury coastal pad.
The glitzy marina area has been crowned the sixth most expensive address in Spain, with an average price of €5,450 per square-metre.
Home to the world’s top designer stores and a regular celebrity hangout, property in Puerto Banus is highly sort after.
Topping Spain’s price polls, however, is Madrid’s Calle Serrano – home to luxury brands like Gucci and Prada – according to a new study by real estate firm TecniTasa.
Elsewhere, the Paseo Maritimo in Cadiz comes in 10th – with an average price of €4,500 per square-metre – despite property prices in the province falling on average by 20% in 2014.
Top ten most expensive addresses in Spain (€/ per square-metre)
- Calle Serrano, Madrid (€10,900)
- Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona (€8,450)
- Calle Hernani, San Sebastian (€6,400)
- El Sardinero neighbourhood, Santander (€6,350)
- Abandoibarra Etorbidea/ Plaza de Euskadi, Bilbao (€5,500)
- Puerto Banus, Marbella (€5,450)
- Paseo Sarasate/ Primer Ensanche, Pamplona (€4,950)
- Area around Calle Santiago, Valladolid (€4,750)
- Paseo de los Fueros, Barakaldo (€4,500)
- Paseo Maritimo, Cadiz (€4,500)
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44