LOVERS of football and golf came together on the Costa del Sol for the first-ever European footgolf competition.
Europe’s greatest footgolfers battled it out at the Atalaya Golf and Country Club in Estepona.
Won by Dutchman Bjorn Bulk – the Messi of the footgolf world – organisers hailed the tournament as a great success.
Managing Director at Atalaya, Andres Sanchez Garcia, said: “This will give a very positive image that golf courses are open, not just for golfers but also for football players.
“We think we will get more football players playing footgolf and getting into golf and we want to have more golf players all around Europe.”
Footgolf burst onto golf courses in 2009 and has since boomed as a secondary attraction in clubs around the globe.
Italy won the team event beating Ireland, Hungary, Holland, Portugal and hosts Spain.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36