THE deputy mayor of Benalmadena, Francisco Salido, has been dismissed by Mayor Paloma Garcia Galvez for abuses of power.
The head of the UCB party was sacked after it emerged he abused his position to employ three family members; his brother, sister and brother-in-law on contracts worth €39,000 a year.
Salido also refused to dismiss his deputy Jose Manuel Merino, despite the politician allegedly claiming to be a lawyer when he is not.
According to the Malaga College of Lawyers he acted as a lawyer using the licence number 1777, which actually belonged to a different lawyer altogether in the north of Spain.
Salido – who has a private bodyguard – defended his actions, claiming that his family members ‘held the right qualifications for the job’.
The disgraced politician is currently embroiled in a long money laundering scandal involving a soup kitchen, reportedly worth over €260,000.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44