THE UK’s largest online bullion dealer has launched a €2.8 million crowdfunding campaign to finance its expansion into Spain.
BullionByPost – which was launched during the crisis by director Rob Halliday-Stein with an investment of just €12,700 – turned over €122 million last year.
“We want our customers to be our investors and our investors to be our customers, and crowdfunding [with Crowdcube] seemed the most cost-effective way for us to raise funds and to give customers the opportunity to get shares in the business,” said Halliday-Stein.
“We already get significant number of enquiries from Spanish residents and therefore it was a logical first choice.”
The Birmingham-based company plans to launch in Spain in early 2015.
Dispatch and customer service will remain based in the UK with a multi-lingual team.
The award-winning director said: “We have chosen France and Spain as we see these two countries present us with the biggest opportunity.”
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00