IT’S still early days in the ski season, but Sierra Nevada has already kicked off with more than 40km of piste open for business.
A massive €3.1 million investment – courtesy of the Andalucia tourist board and the Cetursa Sierra Nevada – has been put towards making the resort more family-friendly.
The sunniest ski resort in Europe, the Sierra Nevada is also the first of Spain’s resorts to start the season.
Three new lifts, as well as the full renovation of two existing lifts, will make sure that skiers can enjoy all the fresh snowfall.
Even better, the price for a ski pass will remain the same for the fourth consecutive season.
- Police uncover 36 Egyptian artefacts in Valencia - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 12:00
- Zara boss buys iconic building on Madrid’s Gran Via - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 11:00
- Huge sports complex to open in Sabinillas - 1 Feb, 2015 @ 08:00
- Expat searches for ‘perfect home’ for Costa del Sol turtle - 31 Jan, 2015 @ 11:00
- ‘Tolkien universe’ theme park to open in Rincon de la Victoria - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 17:24
- IMF raises Spain’s growth forecast saying it has entered a ‘virtous circle’ - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- Organic success in Marbella - 30 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00
- European Central Bank to buy 10% of Spain’s public debt - 29 Jan, 2015 @ 18:09
- WikiLeaks threaten legal action after Google hand over journalist email data to US government - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 13:47
- Swans talent show stuns audience - 28 Jan, 2015 @ 08:00