THERE is off-piste… and then there is off the scale!
With Telemark you can have a wilderness trip that literally ends up in another world… the charming cobbled villages of the Genil valley.
Specialists on the slopes for over two decades, the company offers one and two-day cross-country adventures into the mountains.
Both trips end up taking you through deep off-piste snow onto narrow mountain tracks.
“We try to put an emphasis on ecology and nature and it is impressive to see the typically old farmhouses in the area and how little they have changed,” explains boss Luis Casanova, who spends the other half of the year in Africa.
“It is a real, fun adventure, something you will not forget.
“Best of all, a team of mules ends up helping to bring your stuff back to Pradollano,” adds Casanova.
The day trip costs just €100 per person and includes transport and lunch.
Another popular pastime for those who don’t fancy risking life and limb on the pistes, is to have a day of cross-country skiing on two or three well established paths around the resort.
“It is great fitness and you do get to enjoy the fabulous views and nature at the same time,” Casanova adds.
The company also organises events ranging from hard-core uphill climbing for mountaineers to a half day soft snow walking trip with snow rackets.
For more info visit www.telemark.es
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25