SPAIN and Germany have been named as the main European targets of an ISIS terror cell.
Four Britons that are part of the cell are being hunted by Interpol.
It is reported that they are planning further attacks in Europe, with extremist activity centering on Spain and Germany, according to security sources.
“Four Britons are believed to be part of the cell, who appear to be linked to Islamic State,” a security source told UK newspaper, the Mirror.
“There were signs of planned activities in mainland Europe, most notably Spain and Germany.”
Security chiefs also reportedly learned of plots in London and Birmingham, although it is not yet known how advanced either plot was.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05