A RUNAWAY murder suspect is being hunted by police in Spain.
Merseyside police has issued an appeal for public help to find 30-year-old Timmy Donovan, wanted in connection to the murder of a policeman.
A European Arrest Warrant has been issued for Donovan, also known as Timmy O’Sullivan, from Liverpool.
36-year-old PC Neil Doyle was attacked on a force Christmas night out in Liverpool, along with two fellow officers. He later died of massive head injuries.
Detectives believe Donavon could be in Spain, after leaving England at about 8:30pm on Friday 19 December through the Eurotunnel.
He is believed to have been driving a five-door grey Mercedes A180, with the registration YE62 NWG.
Donovan is described as 5ft 8in tall, broad build, with dark brown hair and blue eyes and has a Liverpool accent.
Detectives are now working with the National Crime Agency, Europol and European police forces to track him down.
They want Timmy Donovan, or anyone who knows of his whereabouts, to contact the Matrix Serious Organised Crime Major Crime Unit on 0800 230 0600, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44