A FUGITIVE suspected of killing a UK policeman has been arrested.
Timmy Donovan, 30, was being hunted by Merseyside police in Spain under an international arrest warrant.
He has was seized in Germany on Wednesday evening, as he tried to board a plane back to the UK at Dusseldorf airport.
Donovan – also known as Timmy O’Sullivan – was wanted for the murder of off-duty police officer Neil Doyle on a night out in December.
He attacked the policeman, who was out on a police force Christmas bash in Liverpool. Doyle later died of massive head injuries.
Detectives thought Donovan could have been in Spain, after leaving England at about 8.30pm on December 19, through the Eurotunnel.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05