PREMIERSHIP footballers are used to flying to the luxury of private jets.
But Arsenal’s Joel Campbell, who is about to complete a loan move to Villareal in Spain, appears to be tightening the purse strings.
The Costa Rican striker opted for a budget Ryanair flight as he travelled across Europe in order to put pen to paper on his contract with the La Liga side.
Campbell, 22, impressed at the World Cup but has struggled to make an impact at Arsenal this season, who currently lie fifth in the league.
He said in a video blog: “This means a lot to me, I am very excited with this new opportunity and I hope to sign the contract.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44