TWO valuable Gibson Les Paul electric guitars owned by a late rockstar have been stolen from his widow’s home in the Pago Benamar area of Torrox.
Formerly owned by Swiss musician Rick Lincoln – from Monroe – they were stolen from English expat Helen Graziano’s home on the night of January 5, while she was out celebrating Three Kings.
Graziano, 60, is now offering a €2,000 reward for the return of the guitars, ‘no questions asked’.
“These guitars are of huge sentimental value to me, I am not interested in the monetary value of them,” she told The Olive Press.
“I just want them back because they were my husband’s and that is what I have to remember him by.”
The guitars, one black and one white, are personally marked with a gold plaque bearing Lincoln’s name.
Monroe, were famous for touring Italy and Switzerland, where they had several number one hits.
Gibson Les Pauls were the instrument of choice for ace guitarists like Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and Keith Richards.
The robbers also stole a gold watch belonging to Graziano’s sister-in-law, who was visiting to celebrate New Year.
The Olive Press first reported on a spate of burglaries in Pago Benamar in January (see Task force targets thieves, issue 204), which led to a special task force being set up to tackle the thieves.
If you have any information, contact [email protected] or call Helen on 951067724.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36