THE Spanish Meteorological Office, AEMET, has issued yellow and orange weather alerts across much of Andalucia from midnight Friday, 30 January through most of Saturday.
Provinces affected by the orange weather warnings are Almeria (wind and coastal), Granada (wind and coastal), Jaen (wind) and Malaga (wind).
Additionally there are yellow weather warnings for Cadiz (wind and coastal), Cordoba (wind), Granada (snow), Huelva (wind and coastal), Jaen (rain and snow), Malaga (coastal), Sevilla (wind)
Some areas will experience gusts of up to 120 km/h until 6pm in the evening – particularly: Nacimiento y Campo de Tabernas, Valle del Almanzora y Los Vélez (Almeria); Poniente y Almería Capital (Almeria); Nevada y Alpujarras (Granada); Cazorla y Segura (Jaen).
Likely to get gusts of up to 100km/h: Guadix y Baza (Granada); Costa Granadina (Granada); Capital y Montes (Jaen); Axarquía, Ronda (Malaga).
Other areas can expect winds gusting up to 80 km/h.
If you have photographs of any storm damage in your local area please send them, with details, to [email protected] or post them to Insight – the new Olive Press sharing web site: http://insight.theolivepress.es/
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33