Party members and volunteers from across the country are flocking to the capital ahead of the ‘March for Change’ that aims to call for a change in political governance.
Flags and banners are currently being made at the party’s headquarters in Madrid to echo the people’s discontent regarding political scandals and corruption.
Cautious volunteer Francisco said: “Podemos isn’t going to fix anything, but it is all about the people and trying to make a change.
“I don’t think we are going to win, which is better as it will give us more time to organise ourselves and formulate what we want to do.”
On social media Podemos is trying to put across a strong message saying: “You can feel the enthusiasm in the streets and the desire to build an empowered citizenry that speaks up loudly to say that change is unstoppable.”
The party is advertising the rally as a march organised ‘by and for the people, built by all’ that will show that ‘there’s a new majority which knows that the time to act is now’.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00