THE former finance minister of Ukraine, Yuri Kolobov, has been arrested in Spain.
Ukraine’s interior ministry confirmed yesterday that Kolobov, who is allegedly responsible for large-scale fraud along with previous President Viktor Yanukovich, has been detained.
Spanish police arrested the 41-year-old in Altea, in Alicante province, after a Kiev court issued an arrest warrant in January.
He is allegedly responsible for the misappropriation of over €7.6 million in public funds and embezzlement.
The circumstances of his arrest have not yet been detailed but it is clear that Mr Yanukovich is back in Russia and denies any kind of corruption.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25