THE annual Talk Radio Europe telethon in aid of Cudeca hospice is underway today.
Donations are flooding in for the auction, which this year aims to raise an unprecedented €100,000.
This amount will allow Cudeca, the coast’s longest running cancer care charity, to fund a home visit team for an entire year.
As well as an on-air auction until 7pm this evening, various special guests will also be performing live in the studio.
Cudeca cancer care hospice requires €3 million a year to run, including its home care service, day-care unit and in-patient unit.
Cudeca founder Joan Hunt was recently honoured with a Dia de Andalucia award for her years of hard work.
For more information on the telethon and to donate visit www.tretelethon.com or phone the hospice on 952 000 282.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44