THE couple murdered in Benidorm had been robbed twice and put their house on the market with plans to move to Mallorca to be near one of their sons.
The couple had been burgled twice and were reported to have put their three-bedroom villa up for sale for €230,000 in order to move to live nearer to their son, Sascha, who lives in Palma de Mallorca.
Peter and Jean Tarsey, both 77, were found shot dead in their villa in Xalo on Sunday afternoon when their dinner guests arrived at their house and raised the alarm.
Locked in each other’s arms on the sofa and surrounded by bullet casings, it is thought the weapon used was a calibre gun.
With a television stolen and the computer found in the swimming pool, the police are treating the case as homicide.
The couple, who had been expats in Spain for 18 years, had no criminal history.
Mr Tarsey was a former Olympic diver who competed for Great Britain at the 1956 games in Melbourne.
Neighbours described the pair, who were well known locally, as a ‘lovely couple’.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25