THE golden spray-painter in Rincon de la Victoria could face a fine of up to €3,000 if caught.
Over the past month several items of street furniture around the town have been illegally given a golden makeover by a mystery sprayer.
Mayor Francisco Salado called on the town’s citizens to locate the perpetrator two weeks ago.
And now a council spokesman has announced that the person behind the spray can could face a fine ranging between €1,501 and €3,000.
“These unauthorised pieces are considered a ‘very serious offence, according to the municipal laws,” the spokesman said.
There have so far been four reported cases of the golden sprayer: a bench next to the tourism office, a paper-stand in Plaza de la Iglesia, a bin in Plaza de la Constitucion and a swing in the promenade’s park.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36