A COPYCAT criminal gang have made away with millions in jewellery, in what appears to be a heist inspired by Hollywood.
A safe deposit vault in London’s jewellery quarter was raided last month in a raid that has an uncanny resemblance to the plot of film Sexy Beast.
The gang are thought to have posed as workmen and gained access to the vault through the elevator shaft.
Largely shot in southern Spain Sexy Beast, featuring Ray Winstone and Ben Kingsley, depicts a London gang targeting a safe deposit centre.
The true value of the heist may never be known as is often the case with safe deposit loots.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36