THINK paintbrushes, easels and breathtaking views as Gaucin’s artists fling their studio doors wide open to the public.
This year’s Art Gaucin Open Studios event is displaying a broad selection of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, lithographs, etchings and photographs.
Running for more than a decade, the event – which takes places over two long weekends: May 22-24 and May 29-31 – has showcased well-known artists such as Bayard Osborn and Brenda Hartill.
Each year, the Spanish and foreign artists of Gaucin open their studios, homes and gardens to the public for a unique chance to meet and learn from them and their work.
The various exhibitions will be dotted around the typical white Andalucian town’s streets like a cultural treasure hunt with plenty of bars and restaurants to enjoy, not to mention stunning views to Morocco and Gibraltar.
Expect work from Jim Rattenbury, Michael Roschlau, Joseba S Zabaleta, Vanessa Wilson Victoria Orr-Ewing, Paddy Robinson, Tim Parry, Sue Callister, Emma Cornish and more.
For more details including a map of the village, visit artgaucin.com.
- Property portal Kyero is ‘optimistic’ about the Spanish property market post Brexit vote - 14 Jul, 2016 @ 13:40
- Spain’s ‘original’ eating schedule has stabilising effect - 13 Jul, 2016 @ 13:30
- Restaurant chain La Sala introduces dining in the sky - 10 Jul, 2016 @ 09:30
- Blown away by Tarifa - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:06
- Axarquia town begs for residents to limit water usage while unveiling swimming pool - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 14:03
- Malaga tourism office releases positive message for British tourists and expats after Brexit vote - 9 Jul, 2016 @ 11:45
- Spanish PM Rajoy claims Malaga ‘has a bright, promising future’ - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 19:11
- Tiger kills zookeeper at Benidorm animal park - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 12:00
- Brexit means Spanish expansion for one UK firm - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 11:04
- Michael Gove’s Spanish-based brother in law is worried about his future after Brexit - 8 Jul, 2016 @ 08:25