THE Costa del Golf has retained its world-class reputation after two of its courses were voted the best in Spain.
For the second year running, the Golfers’ Choice ranking of Spain’s top 50 courses has placed Real Club Valderrama, in Sotogrande, top and Finca Cortesin, in Casares, second.
Valderrama was given a score of 9.4 – up from last year’s 9.3 – in the rankings, compiled by the Leading Courses website based on golfers’ experiences.
Finca Cortesin recorded a score of 9.1 for the second year in a row, since the top 50 rankings for Spain began.
In third place Valencia’s La Galiana and Alcanda on Mallorca both scored 8.9.
Many more Andalucian courses made the list, including La Cala Club, Marbella Club and La Reserva, also in Sotogrande.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44