A CONVICTED murderer blacklisted by Gibraltar has returned to the Rock.
Spaniard Luis Ramirez has been sent back to prison after police caught him graffiting on a garage door.
Ramirez, 42, was released from Spanish prison earlier this year after spending 11 years behind bars for the murder of 71-year-old Moti Khemlani on Main Street in 1997.
Although he was sentenced on the Rock in 2004, he served his jail time in Spain and was given a lifetime ban from entering Gibraltar.
A police spokesman said it was ‘unclear’ how Ramirez entered Gibraltar and confirmed that he had been charged for being a ‘prohibited immigrant’.
He will now spend two weeks in Gibraltar’s prison before being extradited out of the British territory and back to Spain.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36