A BRITISH man and a Belgian man were targeted by at least one gunman in Barcelona.
The Belgian remains in hospital after being shot in the stomach outside the Silken hotel on tourist street La Rambla.
While the British man suffered injuries to his arms and torso after running through a glass door.
It is unclear if one or two gunmen were involved.
Earlier reports in the Spanish press stated that two gunmen were involved, with police shooting one of them in the afternoon – this however has not been confirmed.
A manhunt was launched after shots were fired at guests staying at the Silken Hotel.
Those injured were largely treated at the scene, although the Belgian victim has been left in a critical condition.
The reason for the shooting is currently unknown as is the identities of the gunmen.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36