A HUSBAND and father in Barcelona has committed suicide after murdering his wife and two children, a daughter aged 7 and a son of 12.
The grisly murder-suicide took place at the family’s home in Castelldefels on Wednesday evening.
The man has been named as 61-year-old Uruguayan national Ricardo F and his wife name was Marina, 45, from Belarus.
Police were summoned to the scene, located about 25 kilometres from Barcelona city, and discovered the four bodies, all with gunshot wounds.
It is presumed that the man shot his wife and children before turning his gun on himself.
The children were found in their bedrooms, the woman was in the dining room while the father was in the bedroom.
It has emerged that the man’s wife had reported her husband for domestic violence four times prior to the killing but retracted the accusations.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00