A BRITISH man arrested in connection to the death of a German in Mijas is wanted in the UK.
Ross Moore, 30, fled to the Costa del Sol in December 2014, after he was found guilty of assaulting his girlfriend outside their Devon home.
Now, Moore and another Brit, not yet named, are being probed following a bar fight in La Cala de Mijas which resulted in the death of 46-year-old Ingo Dewitz.
A source close to Moore, told the Olive Press he fled to Spain from his home in Exmouth to ‘escape his past’.
“Moore is running away from himself,” she said. “It doesn’t surprise me that he has got himself in trouble.”
Another source confirmed that Moore had been convicted of a number of other offences, including assault in a separate pub brawl in 2012.
Dewitz reportedly died from head injuries sustained in the fight at Captains Bar.
Eyewitnesses report that Moore and the other Brit fled the scene in a ‘panic’ after Dewitz collapsed.
Moore remains in police custody in Alhaurin, while his friend has been released on bail.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36