RESIDENTS in Torreguadiaro are being evacuated as a wildfire spreads in the Campo de Gibraltar.
Two roads have been closed as firefighters tackle the blaze.
Helicopter, planes and fire engines are at the scene, but strong winds are hampering efforts to extinguish the flames.
The blaze reportedly started around the Alcaidesa area and has tripled in size in less than an hour and continues to grow.
Helicopters are collecting seawater to dump on the fire.
One witness on Alcaidesa beach, Mirian Moreno, said, “It’s now getting close to houses in Alcaidesa. It’s getting quite scary.”
More to follow…
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00