TWO wildfires are still blazing in the Campo de Gibraltar.
The first fire reportedly started around 4:00pm near La Paloma beach in Manilva while the second fire started about 20 minutes later in the Sotogrande area.
While the first fire appears to be under control, the second fire continues to blaze near Sotogrande.
Two seaplanes, four helicopters, five specialist groups and four fire engines were called to the scene and residents in neighbouring areas have been evacuated, say sources.
The strong winds have left two huge palls of smoke blowing across the Campo de Gibraltar.
Helicopters are dropping seawater on the flames as they attempt to control the flames.
- Reggae star Maxi Priest headlines Gibraltar National Day Concert - 8 Sep, 2015 @ 12:14
- Catalan restaurant charges customer for aspirin - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 18:53
- Michelin-starred London chef expands to Madrid - 6 Sep, 2015 @ 12:31
- Endangered leopard at Bioparc Fuengirola - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:49
- Record harvest boosts Spain’s wine exports - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 17:12
- Spain’s top chefs, the Roca brothers, pick out their favourite eateries - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 13:58
- Balloon debate ahead of Gibraltar National Day - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 11:57
- Spanish properties worth up to 124% more with a swimming pool - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 14:59
- Found in Translation - 2 Sep, 2015 @ 18:09
- Spanish flat shares for students are among Europe’s cheapest - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 14:00