SPAIN has been named the number one destination for well-equipped holiday rentals in Europe.
According to a survey conducted by HomeAway comparing vacation rentals in Spain, Portugal, Germany, France, Italy and the UK, 42% of Spanish rentals have air conditioning, 57% have pool access and 79% have washing machines available.
A small drawback of Spanish rental amenities proved to be internet access, with only 51% WIFI enabled, as compared to the Europe average of 53%.
Spain came in second to Portugal with 14% disabled-accessible homes but fell behind Portugal, Germany and France in family rentals, and behind Britain and Italy for pet-friendly apartments.
- Pre-summer sales spike hit Spain in July - 11 Sep, 2015 @ 09:53
- Sherry makes a comeback in Jerez - 10 Sep, 2015 @ 09:49
- Andalucian mayor demands funds to preserve newly-discovered Roman ruins - 9 Sep, 2015 @ 10:00
- Malaga chef becomes only Andalucian Top Chef candidate - 5 Sep, 2015 @ 16:47
- Animal rights activists protest over whale treatment at Tenerife marine park - 4 Sep, 2015 @ 11:39
- Nerja councillor resigns after being ‘ignored’ by peers - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 11:02
- Spanish entrepreneur cracks historic WWII decryption - 30 Aug, 2015 @ 08:54
- World-famous ‘jackal’ literary agent heads to Spain - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 14:36
- Teenage mayoral candidate attacked outside her home for ‘fascist’ views - 29 Aug, 2015 @ 09:00
- Gay couple attacked at Almeria feria - 28 Aug, 2015 @ 15:29