ONE of the most unique and popular festivals for tourists in the province of Málaga is the Fiesta de Moros y Cristianos (Moors and Christians Festival) in Benadalid, a municipality in the Serranía de Ronda.
The festival lasts three days and is held in the town’s castle and surrounding areas.
It features a performance recited in verse and it recreates a battle in memory of the Mudejar uprising that occurred in Sierra Bermeja in 1501.
Most of Benadalid’s residents take part in the performance.
The action culminates in the victory of the Christian forces and the conversion of the infidels.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33