ISOBEL Ellul-Hammond has resigned as an MP and blasted her GSD party’s ‘lethargy’.
The politician’s sudden withdrawal from parliament allows her to concentrate on a new role as the Gibraltar Health Authority’s Cancer Services Coordinator.
She had announced her resignation last April, but was expected to remain as an MP until after this year’s general election.
Mrs Ellul-Hammond said: “My party no longer inspires me, nor does it give me confidence for the future.
“I would be unable to cope with another four years of lethargy in opposition.”
Her decision means a by-election must be called within 90 days or before the end of November.
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00