FARMER, author and former Genesis drummer Chris Stewart has announced he is taking a year off from writing.
The reason? Wild boars have besieged the Alpujarras farm where Stewart lives with his wife, Ana, and the couple will spend the next year repairing the damage.
Stewart, now 65, has lived on his farm in the Alpujarras mountains of Granada province since 1988.
He published the fourth book in his bestselling autobiographical series, Driving Over Lemons, last summer.
- SLOW TRAVEL: Run down your rev count in Ronda where slow travel is the new mantra - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 09:59
- FILTHY RICH: How the other half live when on holiday in southern Spain, from Saudi Royalty to British prime ministers and American billionaires - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 08:50
- PICTURED: ‘Shark’ spotted near swimmers on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:38
- Don’t miss the Bollywood and glitter themed pool parties at Max Beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jul, 2019 @ 17:42
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02