IT’S official. Wales are a better football team than both Spain and England.
The latest FIFA rankings – released today – put Wales in ninth place, above England for the first time, who are 10th, while Spain are 11th.
With Real Madrid star Gareth Bale as their talisman, the nation is one win away from qualifying for the European Championships next summer.
The rankings are not so pleasing for European Champions Spain who didn’t change positions, while England dropped two spots from 8th to 10th.
Rankings are determined by a formula which takes into account match results, the importance of the match, strength of the opponent and strength of the confederation. It covers a four-year period.
Argentina top the list, followed by Belgium and then Germany, the current world champions.
The top ten
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44