AN 18-year-old Moroccan girl suspected of recruiting for ISIS in Spain has been arrested near Valencia.
She is thought to have been recruiting women online to join the terrorist group.
The girl is believed to have been living in Spain for some time and planning to move to Syria.
Police and counter-terrorist units took her away in handcuffs through the streets of Gandia.
A police statement said: “She spread jihadist ideology on the internet, justifying terrorist acts and spreading videos that glorified executions of people.”
Boxes were also removed from the girl’s flat.
The arrest is the latest in a number of raids by Spanish police targeting ISIS suspects.
Over 100 Spanish people are thought to have left the country to join ISIS.
- British RAF pilot brings new – and MUCH cheaper – property listing concept to Spain - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 17:21
- Spain’s Supreme Court bans historic bull hunting and spearing tradition in Castilla y Leon - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 11:00
- Malaga’s ‘Banksy’ attracts world attention replicating masterpieces on the streets of Spain and Europe - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 10:00
- M1 Legal is stacking up the victories against Spain’s Timeshare giants - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 11:13
- How to Improve Academic Writing Skills for UK University Admission - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 09:37
- Giant electricity pylons rampaging across the valley vista in Sierra Nevada - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 18:57
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05