AN Irish expat has died following a car crash in Estepona early this morning, according to reports.
The driver is believed to be Sean McShea, 34, who was declared dead by emergency services after they received reports of a crash at the entrance to Estepona port at 5am.
Reports state that McShea was the driver of the car, and that nobody else was injured.
The former boxer was featured in the Olive Press in March this year after he risked his life to save dozens of people sleeping inside a burning building.
Dubliner McShea was walking home at 2am when he spotted the out-of-control blaze in a block of flats in Duquesa Port.
Without a moment’s hesitation, McShea, a personal trainer who moved to Duquesa eight years ago, was inside the building tackling the blaze with an extinguisher he had found.
And thanks to his quick-thinking, he almost certainly saved lives, claim firemen.
- Living with Gaudi – Turkish art dealer builds home inside iconic tourist attraction - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 18:38
- Spain tops global health league but all is not well for expats - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 16:59
- Lady Elizabeth School, in Benitachell Alicante, is to have its grand inauguration this month - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:32
- How do casino promotions work in Spain? - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:05
- Most Attractive Industries to Invest in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:01
- Ceramics are the hot new design trend styling up interiors this year - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:22
- Architect of Spain’s largest indoor sports arena scoops this year’s prestigious Pritzker Prize - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 18:04
- The Brits have not stopped investing in Spanish property with a 12% rise in purchases last year - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 17:43
- World’s greatest F1 champ spotted on the island in first sighting since 2013 - 16 Mar, 2019 @ 13:57
- Siestas ‘help treat high blood pressure’ - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 11:48