LGBT tourism is booming in Spain, with more visitors than ever.
Spain is now the most visited European destination for LGBT tourists, gay and lesbian visitors not shy to splash the cash.
Over €6 billion was pumped into the Spanish economy via LGBT tourism in the past 12 months.
And LGBT tourists appear happier to splash out on their travels, with the average LGBT tourist forking out 30% more than their hetrosexual equivalents.
While the most visited destination for LGBT tourists was Barcelona, Madrid came in second and the Costa del Sol in third, with Torremolinos flying the flag as the gay capital of the coast.
And just last month 71,000 visitors descended on Barcelona for the second-largest LGBT pride festival in Europe.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36