STARS of the literary world will descend on Gibraltar again this November as the Gibunco International Literary Festival returns for the third year.
The festival takes place at various historic locations, in particular the Garrison library, over a four-day period beginning November 12.
The full line-up has not yet been announced, but veteran English journalist William Chislett is set to deliver a talk on ‘Spain forty years after Franco while the artist JMW Turner’s bibliographer, James Hamilton, will discuss ‘Turner in Gibraltar’.
There will also be talks from literary agent Andrew Lownie on ‘Stalin’s Englishman’ and Professor Andrew Lambert on Gibraltar’s Royal Navy during the Second World War, as well as workshops and live performances.
Last year saw former British Cabinet Minister Jonathan Aitken, travel writer Barnaby Rogerson and singing sensation Patti Boulaye all attend.
For more information visit www.gibraltarliteraryfestival.com
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44